Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekly Bracketology Watch ...
The Big Ten is getting even more love this week from EPSN.com's Joe Lunardi. This week's brackets - keep in mind that we are 40 days from Selection Sunday - have seven teams in, and none of them close to the dreaded bubble. After Michigan's showing last week, the only way the Big Ten doesn't get seven is if a team like Indiana gasses out and misses the mark. Here is how Lunardi has them placed this week, followed by what I think (seed-wise) seems logical:



- Illinois is listed as a rising 1 seed, in the Oakland bracket. I see them as a 2 or 3 when all is said and done.

- Michigan State is listed as a falling 3 seed, in the Minneapolis bracket. I see them as a 2 or 3 when all is said and done.

- Ohio State is listed as a steady 4 seed, in the Atlanta bracket. I see them as a 5 or 6 when all is said and done.

- Iowa is listed as a rising 4 seed, in the Washington D.C. bracket. I see them as a 5 or 6 when all is said and done.

- Indiana is listed as a falling 5 seed, in the Minneapolis bracket. I see them as a 6 or 7 at this point, with room to move up to as good as a 5 or drop to as low as a 10.

- Wisconsin is listed as a falling 6 seed, in the Washington D.C. bracket. I see them as a 4 or 5 when all is said and done.

- Michigan is listed as a rising 6 seed in the Atlanta bracket. I see them as a 6 or 7 at this point, with room to move up to as good as a 4 or drop as low as a 9.

Lunardi has his "ones" as Duke, Memphis, UConn and Illinois. I'd take a bracket with Memphis as a Big Ten team. C-USA is weaker than weak this season.

Check out the entire bracket breakdown, weekly, at http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

No comments: