Get Gamm - Basketball Style
Mayo won the honor to pick with me this week, so let's get down to business. Only one unbeaten remains in what is shaping up to be a far more competitive, deeper league than first thought.
Indiana at Ohio State
- Gamm says: Ohio State has too much for an Indiana team that won't be down long. OSU wins.
- Mayo170 says: Indiana in an upset.
Michigan State at Penn State
- Gamm says: MSU has to be thinking revenge after the foul infested, upset loss in Happy Valley last year. Penn State is better this year, makes it a game, but falls short to a team on a mission. MSU 70 - Penn State 60.
- Mayo170 says: MSU has proven they are truly a better team than either of their losses. Penn State should not be much of a threat to knock down the class of the Big Ten right now. MSU wins 68 – 55.
Michigan at Illinois
- Gamm says: Michigan jumped on Illinois a little more than a week ago, but has to face the Orange Krush for this one. I like how the Illini are playing and the home court. Illinois 71 - Michigan 63.
- Mayo170 says: As good a road test as Michigan could use right now. Illinois is a pretty good team right now, and their only loss in conference is to Michigan on the road. Illinois gets a bit of revenge with a 71 – 60 win.
Purdue at Northwestern
- Gamm says: Purdue is rounding back into form and crushes NU.
- Mayo170 says: Purdue.
Minnesota at Wisconsin
- Gamm says: Minnesota is showing Kentucky fans what it so badly wanted to - and did - run out of Lexington. Not many teams win in Madison, but the Gophers will come close. Wisconsin 63 - Minnesota 60.
- Mayo170 says: What a great matchup this is going to be. Minnesota is rolling this year and Wisconsin is perennially a tough team in a tough place to play. I like the Gophers here in a tight one 74 – 71.
Illinois at Michigan State
- Gamm says: On MoPete day, MSU prevails.
- Mayo170 says: Michigan State wins.
Penn State at Indiana
- Gamm says: Penn State gets back on track with a rare win at IU.
- Mayo170 says: Indiana.
Ohio State at Michigan
- Gamm says: Michigan might just be for real this year. Big wins over Duke and UCLA plus a strong Big Ten start say so. OSU is trying to find itself. Michigan 68 - Ohio State 64.
- Mayo170 says: Ohio State is a young team that I mentioned before I know nothing about. They are playing fairly well although I don’t know if they can stop a Michigan team that is putting together a nice season. Both teams appear to me to be solid middle-pack teams, with UM being a little higher on the ladder right now. Michigan wins 67 – 64.
Iowa at Purdue
- Gamm says: Purdue keeps rolling.
- Mayo170 says: Purdue
Minnesota at Northwestern
- Gamm says: NU is going to pick more than one team off this year and catches Minny napping.
- Mayo170 says: Minnesota.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Get Gamm - Basketball Style